Old 09-03-2006, 09:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

Default Something Different to Plant?

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 03:14:31 GMT, Charles
wrote:

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:51:14 -0600, "brsher"
wrote:

I have a small garden. Every year I plant beefsteak and cherry tomatoes.
I've also planted red peppers once or twice. But this year I'm looking for
something different to plant. I live in Missouri. Can anyone suggest
something that is easy to grow and that I can consume almost everyday?
Thank you for your
suggestions.

hemp

Actually, he makes a good point -- sorta.

People don't realize that hemp was used for so many things in ancient
times -- clothing, sails, ropes, all kinds of products.

Now, to get hemp clothing, we have to import from Canada! Ridiculous.

Today, hemp could help alleviate the looming the oil crisis -- to the
chagrin of the oilionnaires who are running this country. That's why
it will take a long time, and a desperate world situation, before
growing hemp will be "legalized" by our whores in Congress.

Hemp oil could replace petroleum in automobiles and other uses.

It grows on miserable soil; it needs no more care than a weed; it's a
natural, renewable, non-polluting crop.

Too good to be true? Not at all -- it's out there waiting...

Persephone