Old 09-03-2006, 10:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Garden Viking

Default Hiring lawn service

Because you wont know what they are putting on your lawn for 2 years, unless
you are standing there when they are applying it. But you dont know what to
do anyway, so they can pretty much do what they want.
Get with U of W or your Co-op extension agent and get an inkling on what to
do. You could even go to Scotts.com and get the monthly reminder thing of
what to do in your zip code to your lawn. Mother Earth News if you are an
organic-ite. Just stay away from the "Lawn jockeys".

"tenplay" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"tenplay" wrote in message
. ..
I am a real novice at taking care of lawns and gardens. My yard has a
huge "lawn" that is in very bad shape. It has weeds, moss, crabgrass,
bald spots, etc.. Other than regular mowing and occasional weeding, I
don't know what else to do. A friend suggested hiring a lawn service
business for a year or two to get the "lawn" back into decent shape. Has
anyone tried this before? What exactly would they do? How much should
I expect to pay? I live in Western Washington. Thanks for any advice.

Any chance children will be playing on your lawn at any time in the next
two years?

Probably not. Why do you ask?