Old 09-03-2006, 06:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
sylvan butler

Default Traveling Sprinkler

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 03:15:58 GMT, Snooze wrote:
"AgMan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone tried one of the traveling sprinklers that is of the hose
reel type. I am looking at the Rapid Rain Model 860 by Mobile

no...

Yay for gadgets. Why fix what ain't broke? A good gear driven or impact
sprinkler can do wonders. It probably works well when new, but probably

Travelng sprinkler can be very helpful to water a larger area than
feasible with a single setting.

My father loves his Nelson traveling tractor sprinkler. He can start it
on one side of the house and it travels to the back of the yard, across,
then back along the other side. Takes all day, but he doesn't have to
babysit it. Cheaper brands didn't last, but the Nelson keeps going and
going... He's used it for a few years now. Don't know where he bought
it or how much he paid, but I think it is one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...095559-3648628

sdb

sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com