Old 12-03-2003, 08:46 AM
Iain Miller

Default How to test peat H2O for GH & KH

"Mike" wrote in message
.com...
I will run some pH and hardness tests on my filtered peat and post the
results later this weekend. I am interested in seeing if there will be a
bounceback in pH due to the high KH of the initial tap water.

There shouldn't be on the Kh (or at least I've never seen it) but you'd
expect a change in the Ph from directly after the water has been through the
peat filter on the basis of the CO2 coming back out.

I never even measure the Ph now when I do my peat filtering - just the Kh -
set that, get rid of the excess CO2 & you know in advance what the Ph will
be....

rgds

I.