Old 09-03-2006, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Difficult Daffodils

"nagitrah" wrote
I hope someone can help us.

My wife planted some bulbs three years ago which in their first year
came up and flowered well, however for the last two years we have
produced a lovely display of leaves and nothing else, has anyone any
suggestions as to what it is that we are doing wrong.

Have the bulbs been planted deeply enough? They need to be fairly deep -
usual advice is soil above the bulb should be twice the depth of the
bulb itself. It won't hurt to be a bit deeper, but too shallow and the
bulbs may not get enough moisture which will inhibit flowering. Also let
foliage die right down after flowering before removing dead leaves so
the bulbs recharge for next year.

--
Sue