Old 09-03-2006, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

Default Wormery Disaster

In article , Trefor
Jones writes

I was going to add the new worms to the wormery as it was but decided to
have a good look first so I cleared it out and found the grand total of 26
worms of which 25 were short fat red ones and one long grey one. The bottom
of the container where allegedly the liquid was supposed to collect was full
of dead worms! (Were the escapees trying to get away from a noisome mix?)

Same thing happened to me last year Trefor, I bought two more lots of
worms, at one point after I added a lot of shredded paper there were a
lot of baby worms but then all gradually disappeared whatever I did!
Seems to have turned into a plain compost bin on legs

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association