Old 09-03-2006, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christopher Norton

Default BBC allotments programme on Friday

The message
from JB contains these words:

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 08:23:52 +0100, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Des Higgins" wrote in message
.ie...
Had Monty Don and a pile of allotments. It was one of those uplifting
touchy feely programmes that made me wish it was Summer; lots of shiny
vegetables and immaculate vegetable beds. I was amazed at teh
sizes of the
the patches (something like 10 metres by 30?? or did I mishear that?....
that is HUGE!). I can see why there is a waiting list to get them.

Indeed !!
How on earth can people cultivate so much ground
Maybe they meant feet?
Jenny

OTOH 10 feet by 30 feet seems rather small.

Time for a quick survey of peoples allotment sizes? I have an
allotment that is 5m by 25m which is I beleive about half the
traditional size. So 10m by 30m would seem to be a little bit larger
than the traditional 10 rod size.

8m x 10m here in Boston.