Old 10-03-2006, 06:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

Default Something Different to Plant?

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 20:19:01 -0500, "Sgt.Sausage"
wrote:

Persephone wrote in message ...
On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 03:14:31 GMT, Charles
wrote:

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:51:14 -0600, "brsher"
wrote:

hemp

Actually, he makes a good point -- sorta.

People don't realize that hemp was used for so many things in ancient
times -- clothing, sails, ropes, all kinds of products.

Now, to get hemp clothing, we have to import from Canada! Ridiculous.

Today, hemp could help alleviate the looming the oil crisis -- to the
chagrin of the oilionnaires who are running this country. That's why
it will take a long time, and a desperate world situation, before
growing hemp will be "legalized" by our whores in Congress.

Hemp oil could replace petroleum in automobiles and other uses.

It grows on miserable soil; it needs no more care than a weed; it's a
natural, renewable, non-polluting crop.

But ya forgot the bestest most important reason for
growing it ....

"Pass the bong, dude!"

Err...the smokeable stuff is not exactly the same as the
clothes-sails-oil-paper, etc. stuff.

Googling keywords "hemp vs marijuana" elicits many
sites making that distinction, and explaining industrial
uses of hemp.

Sorry, dude! g

Persephone