Old 10-03-2006, 09:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default Traveling Sprinkler

"sylvan butler" wrote
in
message rnal
On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 03:15:58 GMT, Snooze
wrote:
"AgMan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone tried one of the traveling sprinklers that is of
the
hose reel type. I am looking at the Rapid Rain Model 860 by
Mobile

no...

Yay for gadgets. Why fix what ain't broke? A good gear driven
or
impact sprinkler can do wonders. It probably works well when
new,
but probably

Travelng sprinkler can be very helpful to water a larger area
than
feasible with a single setting.

My father loves his Nelson traveling tractor sprinkler. He can
start it on one side of the house and it travels to the back of
the
yard, across, then back along the other side. Takes all day,
but
he doesn't have to babysit it. Cheaper brands didn't last, but
the
Nelson keeps going and going... He's used it for a few years
now.
Don't know where he bought it or how much he paid, but I think
it
is one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...095559-3648628

sdb