Old 10-03-2006, 01:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle

Default Quality and cost of seed

On 9 Mar 2006 19:57:32 -0800, "James" wrote:

gonzo wrote:

WRT organic vs chemical.. I wonder how we ever got along without the
chem/Ag industry for 2,000+ years.. Sometimes you just have to dig in
and do your own research. You can put 10.10.10 on your garden or you
can grow a catch crop of winter rye over the winter and undersow a
green manure crop of white clover.. Gardening is all about choices!!

Before modern agriculture and chemicals people just starved.

spurf!

Oh, my, but you're just a font of misinformation, aren't you?

It took a
day's wages just to buy a loaf of bread. Pesants worked every day just
to grow enough to eat. Even the Chinese farmer who was as organic as
you can get, starved during bad years.

With the help of chemicals farmers were able to get ahead.

Yeah, 'cause, um, like, chemicals made all the difference in like,
floods and droughts and stuff.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"