Old 10-03-2006, 10:30 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default Can you replant Yakkas??

In article ,
Linda H wrote:

I've got a few that've grown much taller than when I got them about five
or six years ago and they've now got tiny little babies right down at
the level of the soil & stones in the large long planter tub I have them

Yep -- pups.

in. Can I safely snip those off? Do I need to seal the cut end of the
parent plant with that greyish plasticised stuff that I've seen on the
cut ends of some (or am I thinking of those "Money Trees?")

With succulents generally, you twist off the pups (or even just a leaf) and
leave them somewhere dry and shady till the wound has dried. Then plant in a
well-drained potting mix.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"... if *I* was buying a baby I'd jolly well make sure it was at
least a two-tooth!"
Mary Grant Bruce, The Houses of the Eagle.