Old 10-03-2006, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

Default how many peas

Am new to vegetables so sorry for this probably stupid question
I've bought some peas (Kelvader Wonder) and Broad Beans (Sutton). The
packets each seem to contain enough for a small field. What sort of yield do
you usually get off one plant? How many do people with small veg patches (4
raised beds of about 4' by 12' each and lots of fruit round the edges)
plant? So far I've planted about 10 of each (2 rows). Is this reasonable or
will I be struggling to get enough for a meal? TIA

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)