Old 10-03-2006, 11:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
DigitalVinyl

Default Something Different to Plant?

"brsher" wrote:

I have a small garden. Every year I plant beefsteak and cherry tomatoes.
I've also planted red peppers once or twice. But this year I'm looking for
something different to plant. I live in Missouri. Can anyone suggest
something that is easy to grow and that I can consume almost everyday?
Thank you for your
suggestions.

if you like scallions, grow onions(even from seed) and harvest when
young as scallions. You can harvest garlic the same way as green
garlic.
full Onions/garlic can take a 10 month season over winter to get a
nice big bulb.

peas/snow peas, lettuces(cut and come again types), spinach, broccoli
for early in the season.

Mid season broccoli grows progressively smaller heads but a few plants
can produce every week or so. Skip cauliflower-only one head harvested
per plant.

cucumbers (prolific)
greens beans for summer

maybe everbearing Strawberries