Old 11-03-2006, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R

Default a better grape tomato?

DigitalVinyl wrote:
I grew a sweet 100 the other year and found the vast amount of waste
discouraging. Lots of popped fruit, rotting on the vine, tomatoes
dropping from the plant as ai harvest, a black sea of squirming ants
under the plant. It reseeded like crazy.

Anybody have a grape-sized tomato plant that has a more useful yield?

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph

There is an improved version of Sweet 100 called Sweet Million FNT
Hybrid. It has much better disease resistance and resists cracking. A
couple others that I like that resist cracking are Sweet Baby Girl
Hybrid T (an early cherry tomato) and Marcellino Hybrid. If you like
small yellow tomatoes try Ildi (also called Yellow Grape) or Dr.
Carolyn, a pale yellow small tomato with very good flavor.

You can get seeds for these varieties from Totally Tomatoes,
http://www.totallytomato.com or Tomato Growers Supply Company,
http://www.tomatogrowers.com
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)