Old 10-03-2006, 08:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jim Carlock

Default Quality and cost of seed

"James" posted:
DDT might have lowered the bald eagle population but without
have using it last century you might have been killed by some
disease carrying insect.

Jim Carlock asked:
Such as? Can you cite something in particular?

"James" replied:
No I will not because you don't really want to know. I'm sure
you're smart enough to find anything to support your beliefs.

I hesitated when I posted and answered for Penelope. I don't
know what she wanted to say. I'll let her answer for herself. My
apologies, even if I correctly worded it.

Anyways, you seemed like you knew the answer to the question
above and I asked for the answer. I wouldn't have asked if I knew.
I'm ignorant about the topic. Only you can answer the question
you left open. Don't play word games. Just answer the question.

Specifically, you wrote:
DDT might have lowered the bald eagle population but without
have using it last century you might have been killed by some
disease carrying insect.

Could you cite where this research was performed? What makes
you even suggest or hint that such a study ever existed? I'm not
telling you how to think or talk. I'll let you do that yourself.

Your statement above insinuates that you know of something that
benefits us all. It even slightly insinuates that DDT saved the human
race. I'm curious as to what you exactly wanted to say and if you
can cite something that will help yourself.

If you don't have anything, then perhaps think a little more before
you post something of the likes. Be prepared to back your opinions
up with fact. That's the message I'm conveying.

Take a moment to re-read the quoted lines above. It leaves the
reader open to alot of ambiguity. Should it have been posted?
Do you really want to stand behind it and support it? IF you want
to support it, feel free to support it. I'm eager to see what YOU
can provide, as it was YOU that made the statement. So either
stand behind it or tell me it was a mistake.

Jim Carlock
Post replies to the group.