Old 10-03-2006, 10:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids,rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default Web Site Alert - spectacular Cym. goeringii

Did you notice the photos of them growing in semi-hydroponics....sort-of?

It is pretty common for growers in the far east to use pumice or a mixture
of pumice and tree fern fiber as the growing medium, which is watered and
fertilized on a frequent basis. No reservoir, but the concept is similar.

"P Max" wrote in message
Thanks Eric! Very different focus. Some goeringii's were exceptional.
Foliage is a notable factor in his breeding program well.
The mounts are very artistic,Wendy! Puts us (me) to shame with our cork,
cut of oak or mass produced black pots.
Peter

"wendy7" wrote in message
Thanks Eric, Did you click on "Orchids in natural state"
Orchid plants mounted on unique stones set in bonsai type dishes.
Absolutely awsome!!! If I had the money & space, oh well we can dream.

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Eric Hunt wrote:
I stumbled across this site tonite - the variety of Cymbidium
goeringii from Korea
presented is mind-boggling. And beautiful. I am still having "Ooooo,
pretty!" moments.

http://www.koreaorchid.info/orchid_e.htm

Sorry for the aborted post earlier - my fingers got ahead of me.