Old 12-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Jack

Default Perennial Combinations

Excellent point about viewing the garden from inside the house and yes, the
autumn colour would be out of sight from inside the house, and of course
we're indoors more in autumn. I'm glad I asked the group!

Regards,

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
Just be careful with the colours but mix the seasons up. In a large garden
you may get away with separate seasonal gardens but a small garden will

look
daft if one side is dead and brown while the other is in full flower.
Remember that you probably can't see the whole garden when sitting inside
the house so you'll be kicking yourself if the view from inside is of

brown
earth when you know there is a riot of colour just out of sight. You could
try and have a common theme through all the borders and then add some
seasonal interest to slightly raise one area without unbalancing the

whole.