Old 11-03-2006, 01:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

Default frog spawn.

Hi
The first frog spawn appeared in one of my ponds Friday 10th March about
11-00am .
This was a bit quick as the pond was completely frozen over until 2 or 3
days ago, it is only about 1 foot deep at deepest part and shallowing up
till edge covered by old logs, the spawn has been laid in the shallowest
part, so hope it will survive any further frosts that are forecast for this
weekend.
Having logged the record on Springwatch I see that spawn arrived on the 11th
March last year, not much difference to last year but frogs do seem a little
quieter at night this year.

Having checked my records at work, the recent cold spell was a day or so
later than this year. must check back even further, when time permits.
regards
Cineman
West Midlands