Old 11-03-2006, 06:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Warren

Default a better grape tomato?

DigitalVinyl wrote:
I grew a sweet 100 the other year and found the vast amount of waste
discouraging. Lots of popped fruit, rotting on the vine, tomatoes
dropping from the plant as ai harvest, a black sea of squirming ants
under the plant. It reseeded like crazy.

Anybody have a grape-sized tomato plant that has a more useful yield?

Juliet.

I grew them for the last two years. I had to surround a large tomato cage
with three other cages to hold all the branches, and a single plant provided
me with around a dozen grape-sized tomatoes starting in early August, and
continuing on to early October. Nice, sweet flavor, too. I'm very impressed
with it.

I should mention that as the season went on, I did get more cracking fruit,
but even tossing out the cracked fruit, my yield was high. And part of the
reason for the cracking fruit was I just wasn't harvesting fast enough.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.

Power Lawncare Tools for Spring Clean-up:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/