Old 11-03-2006, 01:26 PM
rushdenwolves rushdenwolves is offline
Registered User

Red face Improving a clay based lawn - help

Hi

Cananyone suggest what i should be doign to my lawn in march?

it is a clay based lawn that gets very hard in summer and therfore restricts colour and growth

I wouldliek toimprve the soild aeration and structure so have been out forking it, but ned to knwo what to do next.

Add sand ? if so what sort?

I am told i should add gypsum as this will be absorbed easily and imprve soil profile ? - greta - but what is it and where can i get it in the uk?

all help gratfully received

Russell Jones