Old 11-03-2006, 11:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
Laura at theGardenPages

Default a better grape tomato?

I had a similar experience with sweet 100. I liked the red pear
tomatoes better, but I don't recall the name. I know they are bigger
than the grapes, but I didn't get so overwhelmed towards the end of the
season.

FYI, cracked tomatoes can sometimes be caused by uneven watering. If
the plants get dried out and then are given too much water the fruit
expands too fast and cracks the skin open.
Laura

DigitalVinyl wrote:
I grew a sweet 100 the other year and found the vast amount of waste
discouraging. Lots of popped fruit, rotting on the vine, tomatoes
dropping from the plant as ai harvest, a black sea of squirming ants
under the plant. It reseeded like crazy.

Anybody have a grape-sized tomato plant that has a more useful yield?

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph