Old 11-03-2006, 07:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
evelyn davis

Default String Trimmer Recommendation

I want to purchase a gas powered string trimmer for my 1.4 acre lawn. I do
not have a lot of tough stuff, but need to trim grass and small weeds around
trees, fences, etc. I am considering the Troy-Built TB25CS and the Yard-Man
YM26CS. Since both are made by the same company I assume there are of
similar quality. The main difference I see is the TB has a 31 cc 2 cycle
engine and the YM has a 26 cc 4 cycle engine. Each is available for $109
and each weighs 15 pounds.. The TB is highly rated by CR and claims easy
starting but I prefer a 4 cycle so I don't have to fool with mixing oil and
gas. Does anyone know if the YM is easy to start? I don't have the
strength or time to fiddle with a hard to start engine. Any information or
recommendation would be appreciated.