Old 11-03-2006, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Draven

Default Chestnut Regal advice

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
shazzbat wrote:
"Draven" wrote in message
o.uk...
Just got my Chestnut tree can anyone give me advise on it?

Plant it.

Yes: it'll soon be too late, as trees generally need to go in before
they start into spring growth -- but it's probably growing in a
container, so that doesn't matter so much. I didn't know anything about
the tree, so I went to Plant Finder, and they don't seem to know about
your "Regal" variety, either. I'm assuming you mean it when you say
"chestnut": if so, it wants an open sunny position. You'll be lucky if
you get any worthwhile nuts in cooler parts of these islands.

If it's only a horse-chestnut, the book says it can take partial shade.

--
Mike.

Mike,
I got mine from http://www.dobies.co.uk/