Old 12-03-2006, 02:27 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Ponds & Spring Arriving

It was 56o outside today. The heated water was also 55o and I fed the fish again. I
was tempted to move the output hose into the veggie filter(with no veggies yet), but
I resisted. I have a seachem ammonia alert in the pond so I can make sure the water
is good for em since I been feeding em all winter. I want to put up a greenhouse
over my pond this summer.
This year I have an entire new city backyard to landscape and dig a pond at our
rental. I am also putting in fruit trees and a grape arbor.
Out at the dacha I want to finish the deck around the big pond and build little tents
to go over the ponds in fall keep the oak leaves out and keep heat in.
Ingrid

~ janj wrote:

It's time to come back out and play. (I hope)

What are your plans for this spring? I know I want to get the out-of-pond
in-the-ground filter put in on the lily pond. I'm planning on not draining
and sucking the muck out. The weather hasn't been too agreeable so far. No
early spring for us like last winter. We thought it would be, as January
was so mild, but February turned on the cold and March is hanging on to it.
How about you? ~ jan

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com