Old 12-03-2006, 03:28 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Ponds & Spring Arriving

Going to kill my back again, I am sure. JD

I feel your pain (to be). I noted soon after I last posted that the temp
had hit 50*F. So I went out to prune the roses, one of which is by the koi
ponds. I saved that one for last, knowing how easily I'm distract to water
related activities.

Sure enough, I go out to prune it and next thing I've got the shop vac out
sucking up the maple tree shucks off the screens and leaves around the
ponds. Saw a swimming bullfrog under the surface, so another has snuck into
my yard. Last one I hauled off to the demon pond, so I can only hope I
can catch this one by the time I take the screens off. Then I cleaned the
skimmer and added water to top off the ponds.

Turned out to be a pretty good days, pond-wise. Now for some Tylenol.
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~