Old 12-03-2006, 05:42 AM posted to aus.gardens
meee

Default aggggh pollination problems!

"Jonno" wrote in message ...
meee wrote:

"Jonno" wrote in message ...
meee wrote:
"Dwayne" wrote in message
Catch a few butterflies, bees, etc and turn them loose inside the
greenhouse. Ants and other bugs that crawl around on your blossoms might
also help.

Dwayne

ok. i'm goin bug huniting! crikey!

"meee" wrote in message
Hi everyone, advice needed! I have planted some vegies in my greenhouse
this year, as it's the only way I can keep kids and dogs from destroying
everything. Unfortunately, I forgot about pollination! Nothing much can
get in there, and being in the city, there aren't many insects around
anyway, excepting ants. So far I have tomatoes, pumpkin, zucchini, pawpaw
and runner beans planted. I have a vague idea on pollinating pumpkins,
but nothing on the rest. The runners have already started flowering, the
zucchinis are popping up buds, but the rest is still growing. Any help
would be very much appreciated! I can't leave the door open; I already
tried, and the dogs just dug everything up....don't get me started on
what the kids did! So everything will have to stay shut.

Plant in some lavender as well. It will attract bees. Leave the top or sides of the glasshouse open open.
:-P

.
what a good idea!! I saw some down at my nursery, now you've given me justification to buy it!!!
Err bees love lavender for some reason. Dont go hunting bugs. Go looking for slugs.

Slugs? Oh, riiiight! bad slugs! evil slugs!