Old 12-03-2006, 12:34 PM
davidmaynard1 davidmaynard1 is offline
Registered User

Location: Lancaster United Kingdom
Default Early Leeks

Hi

I have the seeds for the Lyon2 Prizetaker which is an early strain variety.

I was reading the Vegetable Expert by Dr. Hessayon, that Leeks like full sun. Now where I want to grow my Leeks only gets sun for the afternoon; about 2pm onwards; is it Ok to grow then there?

I know brassicas don't mind being partly shaded. I also know that root crops need full sun. Correct me if I’m wrong!

One other questions relating to brassicas, my Cauliflowers (Walcheren Winter, Armado April) are about the heart, how do I bend the leaves over the developing curd?

Many thanks

Dave