Old 12-03-2006, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis

Default Alnus rubra

Hi Sacha,

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 08:13:47 +0000
Sacha wrote:

Following Janet's recommendation of this tree, I'm very pleased to say that
I have found one at the Duchy nursery in Cornwall, which also supplied us
with some Populus balsamifera. Very satisfactory result! And I *think* I've
found a source of Acer Coonara Pygmy - fingers crossed!

Meant to reply to the earlier thread. There's a pretty variation
on A. rubra: A. rubra f. pinnatisecta. Just slightly smaller, and
the leaves quite deeply incised with pointed lobes. Very pretty
effect. Might be nice to mix one in a copse.

Would it be indiscreet to ask what your source for Coonara
Pygmy is? As you can probably guess I'm forever trying to
find good sources for Acers.

-E
--
Emery Davis