Old 12-03-2006, 04:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
RAINDEAR

Default yet another question about a usda zone

actually, i was seeking a simple answering like:
hey! raindear: the zone is.....NM z.... whatever

i don't LIVE there....hence, i don't know the zips. i've been investigating
buying land and/or real properties there, not zips; BUT i am an eager and
anxious gardener who has lived in zone 4a TOO LONG and am eagerly
anticipating a zone like 6? 7? heck!! i'd even take 5 at this point---i just
feel VERY underachieving being in zone4. it has so many limitations
regarding the plants "I" like.
don't get me wrong--there are WONDERFUL things growing in them thar woods; i
just, at times, feel bereft of plants i'd fallen in love with in zone 5 and
7.

so....anyone else?? oh!!! and PLEASE....do not give me an EARL that has the
stupid USDA map....not only does one need a microscope to see the teeny
areas, the biggest bad thing is the colours they use are all so quite
similar---it's VERY difficult to tell one pink from another pink. at least
for someone like me who is legally blind. (not blonde---BLIND)

thanks anyways, charles. i DO appreciate any response.
--
With Malus toward none, and Cherry-Trees toward all.

From: Charles
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 02:28:58 GMT
Subject: yet another question about a usda zone

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 21:25:43 -0500, RAINDEAR
wrote:

please, can anyone tell me the usda zone of
a) the location of albuquerque, NM
b) if different, the area apx. 35 miles south of albuquerque (it CAN be
different, as the altitude is lower than albuq)

i'd really appreciate it so i can start planning all the goodies i'm gonna
be able to grow (am now in New Hamster zone 4a).
oh gosh, i'm so excited about this i've begun to dream of flowers every
night---it's so colourful---at times, i don't want to awaken!!!!

thanks, in advance.

try he

http://www.gardenweb.com/zones/zip.cgi