Old 12-03-2006, 05:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Phisherman

Default bare lawn areas on a steep slope

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:31:16 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
.. .
There is an area on a steep slope where I need grass to grow. I
planted seed two years ago and it is now established but there is a
very steep area (too steep to operate a lawn mower easily) about 60 x
5 feet that needs seeding. How should this be re-seeded without rain
washing it down the hill? I don't have a choice of another ground
cover, and I need to use the same seed as the rest of the lawn. Do
those seeding mats work well to control washing out?

Why can't you use a different ground cover? You say the area's too steep to
mow. If you *did* get grass to grow, are you OK with it determining its own
height?

I am the gardener, not the owner and I could not convince the owner to
plant another ground cover (he says he already spent over $2000 on
that hill). I can still cut it using a string trimmer.