Old 12-03-2006, 03:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Default Ponds & Spring Arriving

I already have a ton of water lillys pushing up leaves and even my
sensitive vine is starting to show some green growth. ALl the trees
ahave budded out or have new leaves, and the water temp in the large
ponds had never gotten below 55 deg, so we have never stopped feeding
the fish.

Not going to go to any extremes this year with the two larger ponds
and intend to just let whats there grow, and not add anything new in
the line of plants or fish (yea, I really see that happening)

Going to put a bit more attention into the preforms and water features
the wife has around the house, and spend more time on a few ideas for
sal****er and freshwater tanks.

In some ways I certainly am glad my ponds are natural ponds so there
is no real need to vac any crud and junk out, but there is times when
I wish they were not natural so I could control things more to my
liking......

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:28:36 -0800, ~ janj
wrote:
Going to kill my back again, I am sure. JD

I feel your pain (to be). I noted soon after I last posted that the temp
had hit 50*F. So I went out to prune the roses, one of which is by the koi
ponds. I saved that one for last, knowing how easily I'm distract to water
related activities.

Sure enough, I go out to prune it and next thing I've got the shop vac out
sucking up the maple tree shucks off the screens and leaves around the
ponds. Saw a swimming bullfrog under the surface, so another has snuck into
my yard. Last one I hauled off to the demon pond, so I can only hope I
can catch this one by the time I take the screens off. Then I cleaned the
skimmer and added water to top off the ponds.

Turned out to be a pretty good days, pond-wise. Now for some Tylenol.
~ jan

--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....