Old 12-03-2006, 04:10 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Water runoff

"Tom Puskar" wrote in message
I'm thinking of doing some renovations to our home. One possibility is to
direct the rain runoff from the asphalt shingle roof into my 650 gal pond.
My question is will the water that runs off the roof (including what it
gathers through the gutters

A. Hurt my pond & fish

B. Help my pond & fish

C. Have no affect on my pond & fish

D. Some other choice?

I'm concerned about the small pieces of asphalt or whatever it is that
often comes off the roof as it may affect my pumps and filters.

Any comment?

Besides what the other's mentioned, I would be concerned about a rapid
change in water temperature along with a rapid PH/Hardness change should you
have rainfall running off into your pond. That can't be good for the fish.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952