Old 12-03-2006, 07:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
Richard Sexton

Default Plants for the neo-arctic, was ( OT Pet Joke)

In article ,
~ janj wrote:
We had really cold weather starting in late November and lasting till Xmas,
where it stayed below freezing the majority of that time. I had 2 tubs of
water plants left out and a bonsai Russian Olive tree. I noted yesterday
that the water parsley, corkscrew, & iris are still alive in the tubs. I'm
quite sure those tubs froze solid. The Russian Olive looks like it has buds
on the bark. To think all those years of going thru the bother of digging
it in weren't necessary. :-) ~ jan

Russian Olive seems to overwinter here just fine, to the point where I'd say it
seems to like colder climates. Maybe se have Siberian Olives instead or something.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net