Old 12-03-2006, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian Watson

Default frog spawn

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message et
from Sally Thompson contains these words:

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 07:53:17 +0000, Brian Watson wrote
(in article ):

I wonder if the OP is in the UK, as March is VERY early for frogs to
spawn,
especially in the weather we've had for the last week?

We saw our first frog spawn yesterday, and the frogs were very active as
we
approached the pond. Everything is covered at the moment in about 4
inches
of snow, so we're hoping they survive.

They spawned at Brodick Caste pond at the end of February, which was
very early even for Arran.

Wow! That's a collective "Wow!" for all the posters who are finding
amphibian hanky-panky going on in their gardens.

--
Brian