Old 12-03-2006, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis

Default Alnus rubra

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:45:03 +0000
Sacha wrote:

On 12/3/06 14:00, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

[]
in fact I need to call. Hopefully I will get my A. morrinosense

_morrisonense_, whoops.

(rubescens) 'Millicent' this year.

Yes, you did mention them and I tried them with no response. I'll try
emailing them again, I think. Or I'll ring them tomorrow.

They're not very good with email. I can give you (off-group)
an email for Mr. Harris, but I can't guarantee you'll get
a very quick response! Best to call.

[]
Have you got an Acer called 'Autumn Glory'? I've just read about it on the
PMA site (which is Junkers Nursery and is reconstructing its web site which
might be why it didn't load properly) and it says it was derived from those
at The Garden House, Buckland Monachorum. The description of its autumn
coloration is absolutely mouth watering!

I don't. What species is it? I find two 'Autumn Glory' in the
literature, but one (palmatum) is from the Kalmthout Arboretum
in Belgium (and sounds less than spectacular), and the other
(rubrum) was selected from a tree in Ohio. The Junkers site
is not working for me at the mo.

-E
--
Emery Davis