Old 12-03-2006, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Alnus rubra

On 12/3/06 15:50, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 14:45:03 +0000
Sacha wrote:

snip

[]
Have you got an Acer called 'Autumn Glory'? I've just read about it on the
PMA site (which is Junkers Nursery and is reconstructing its web site which
might be why it didn't load properly) and it says it was derived from those
at The Garden House, Buckland Monachorum. The description of its autumn
coloration is absolutely mouth watering!

I don't. What species is it? I find two 'Autumn Glory' in the
literature, but one (palmatum) is from the Kalmthout Arboretum
in Belgium (and sounds less than spectacular), and the other
(rubrum) was selected from a tree in Ohio. The Junkers site
is not working for me at the mo.

Here's the info from the web site. It suddenly loaded beautifully so
perhaps whatever 'it' was has been fixed in the last hour or so!
"ACER palmatum 'Autumn Glory'*
Derived from the handsome specimens at The Garden House, Buckland
Monochorum. Broad headed. Bronze tinted young growth becomes green in the
summer. The name gives away their raison d'être though - all manner of
colours can be seen, although my favourite stage has the leaves yellow with
a bright red edge. 3m
From £19.60"
--
Sacha