Old 12-03-2006, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Name of wild fern?

On 12/3/06 16:57, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

There's a very attractive small fern that grows in little cracks in stone
walls. It's fronds are only a matter of inches long, 6 to 8, perhaps and it
has quite a dark edge to the leaf and the stem is dark, too, though that
seems to vary. It hugs the walls pretty closely. Does anyone have an idea
what it is from that rather poor description?!

No, but do you mean this one?

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/...rden/fern1.jpg
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/...rden/fern2.jpg

Thanks, Rusty but I don't think that's it and I do think that I've now got
its name from Des and David. Isn't urg wonderful - all that information so
quickly! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk