Old 12-03-2006, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Bittercress [Was: how many peas]

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

Bittercress seems to me to have increased even in the last 5 years. I
have another pernicious "new" weed which has tiny round light green
leaves down at soil-surface level. I've never even seen it on GC pot
surfaces (unlike bittercress). It's shallow rooted and spreads
vegetatively, like wildfire, from the tiniest dropped leaf into a flat
expanding mat, on beds and in lawns. Anybody know what I mean and what
the name is?

Is it a lichen? I've got some like that, and it has umbrella or
palm-shaped fruitbodies with saffron yellow sporangia under the
umbrella.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig