Old 12-03-2006, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Gardening on limestone

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Martin
writes
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:09:02 +0100, "JennyC"
wrote:

Hello
I've been trying to find out about gardening on limestone. Especially
vegetables and fruit.

Anyone here do that?
Hints - tips - experiences please :~))

AFAIR Franz did. Search the archives?

Would that be like in the Chilterns Jenny? Do you mean chalk or bedrock?
Janet Tweedy

I don't really know the Chilterns.....And I must admit that I don't know the
difference between chalk and limestone. Actually I didn't know they were
'related' !!
Nick ????

But I don't think its chalk in the area of the Dordogne I mean.

Found this about the Dordogne ......... 'the limestone is lacustrine'.
The limestone in the area is full of fossilised sea creatures.....

http://jersey.uoregon.edu/~mstrick/A...oQuerry50.html has a good
explanation and I'm sure I mean limestone :~))

Jenny