Old 12-03-2006, 11:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Anne Lurie

Default Need help with Roses

I suggest you check out the website of the Pittsburgh Rose Society
http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/pittsburghrs/

I'm guessing you can't be that far away if you are in SW PA.

Anne

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everyone,

I planted my second rose bush last year and it did great. The
instructions said to cut back to 8 inches and cover with mulch at the
end of summer to protect it during winter. I was just wondering if
anyone knew when I should uncover it to prepare it for the growing
season. I am in Southwestern PA zone 5.

I also wanted to ask when I should beging fertilizing and treating for
inscets. I usually use Bayer products but I am not sure if they are
the best to use. Is there a product that someone recommends.

Thanks!

Geneva