Old 12-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Serendipity

Default Leaf Miner

I asked at two of our local Garden Centres for something I
could use to attack leaf miner. They both gave me the same
answer. "There is nothing now avaialable."

As I had already searched the shelves for a chemical reputed
to do the job, I realised that leaf miner was not even mentioned.

I bought two prize shrubs last year, and they are both
decimated by the pest. My apple bushes suffered badly last
season, and without action now, I fear the worst this year.

I found - from this NG a website which dealt with minersonly
to frealise that there are more varieties of the beastie, than there
are garden centres in theSouth West of England. In short
it is highly erudite source of information, but
apparently only academic.

One of you out there must know a method of killing off,
or of just controlling this pest. Please share your knowledge
with me.