Old 12-03-2006, 10:15 PM posted to rec.ponds
G Pearce

Default Mosquito temps?

Hi Bill - I don't know where you are, I'm in SW Ont and the mosquitoes
aren't a problem here until ~ July - any fish I want to put in are in by
then - my Lotus pots (up on the deck)only get the eggs from spawning in the
pond to control them and the fry are really small until then and they take
care of all the mosquito larvae in the still water of the Lotus pots
Just my experience :~ Gale :~)
"Bill Stock" wrote in message
Does anyone know the temp (water/air) at which Mosquitoes can breed? I
brought the fish indoors this year, and I l will likely transfer the
plants/fish outside at the same time. This means the fish will be going
out later than the skeeters will start. My pond pump is otherwise
occupied, so I'm considering a new pump/fountain to keep the Mosquitoes at
bay until the fish go out.