Old 13-03-2006, 12:08 AM posted to rec.ponds
Bill Stock

Default Mosquito temps?

"G Pearce" wrote in message
Hi Bill - I don't know where you are, I'm in SW Ont and the mosquitoes
aren't a problem here until ~ July - any fish I want to put in are in by
then - my Lotus pots (up on the deck)only get the eggs from spawning in
the pond to control them and the fry are really small until then and they
take care of all the mosquito larvae in the still water of the Lotus pots
Just my experience :~ Gale :~)

Thanks,

I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to buy a new pond pump. I'm in
Southern Ontario, so the plants/fish will likely be going out some time in
May.

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
Does anyone know the temp (water/air) at which Mosquitoes can breed? I
brought the fish indoors this year, and I l will likely transfer the
plants/fish outside at the same time. This means the fish will be going
out later than the skeeters will start. My pond pump is otherwise
occupied, so I'm considering a new pump/fountain to keep the Mosquitoes
at bay until the fish go out.