Old 12-03-2006, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default RHS Gen. Cert. Hort. - all over - now OT

On 12/3/06 20:53, in article , "BAC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 10/3/06 14:47, in article
,
"BAC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 10/3/06 13:19, in article
,
"June
snip

Unfortunately, Puce's habit of naming people she emails with has led to
some
bad feeling on here and as Janet has been grossly insulted over and

over
again, it's not hard to understand her indignation at someone who is
clearly
a Puce supporter and yet is urging the group towards harmony and good
conduct! Perhaps now that Puce appears to have taken a well-timed bow

and
departed, we can get over the nastiness she and those who egged her on,
contributed to.

What about June's post makes you think she is clearly a 'Puce

supporter'?

All she was doing, IMO, was criticising Rupert for what she clearly

regarded
as an insensitive and ill timed wisecrack, not defending or supporting

la
Puce.

I'm not getting into an argument over this because I hope it's over. I

will
merely refer you to Puce's apparently 'departing' post. And I will remind
you that in all the abuse hurled at Janet there are some who have said not
one word of condemnation to Puce but now, at the final hour, attempt to
defend her.

I read June's post more as a criticism of its timing and its likelihood of
stirring matters up again than a defence of La Puce. If she had said
something along the lines that the remark was unfair, inaccurate and an
unwarranted slur on her good friend La Puce, that would be 'defence', IMO,
but she said nothing of the sort.

Of course not. June tries not to commit herself to anything that will
implicate her and put her in bad odour with a group. From personal
experience, I know that she works in the background wherever possible and
then whinges to a group about the person she has made into an enemy. It's
sly and dishonest, IMO.

That's enough for me. My money was never in any danger.

Money?

Someone bet me that June was one of those emailing Puce and stirring her up.
I wouldn't take the bet because I was absolutely certain June was doing just
that. I was right.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk