Old 13-03-2006, 03:02 AM posted to rec.gardens
Warren

Default a better grape tomato?

DigitalVinyl wrote:
That distinction makes sense, although I would think these are more
marketing terms than scientific (tomatus cherrianus).

Absolutely.

Never seen a
"grape" tomato offered as large as a typical cherry. Sweet 100's were
significantly smaller than average cherry tomato I've grown-but are
usually referred to in catalog as cherry, often with some adjective
adjustment mini-, small, tiny, grape-sized. Until now I've thought of
grape-sized as a multiple-in-the-mouth-at-once size where cherry is
one-at-a-time. YRMV!

The "grape" tomatoes at regular supermarkets around here are usually small.
But so are the cherry tomatoes.

But if you go to Costco or one of the upscale supermarkets that prides
itself on the best produce, you can find grape tomatoes that could be
mistaken for small plum tomatoes (although not the plum tomatoes in those
store, which are usually as big as your fist.)

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.

Power Lawncare Tools for Spring Clean-up:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/