Old 13-03-2006, 09:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Puckdropper

Default Berry vine support

(Glenna Rose) wrote in
news:fc.003d0941020ac5ce003d0941020ac5ce.20ac649@p mug.org:

*snip*

Oh, and that organic versus chemical thing . . . my garden has been
100 percent organic from the first day with no pest or disease
problems. True, this is only going into my seventh year, but so far
it's all good. It's amazing what good drainage, a lot of natural
manure (horse/steer), leaves, etc., will do combined with love. It
cannot be my gardening skills because those don't exist; I'm about as
novice as they get, but the garden apparently loves my ignorant love.
Another explanation is that it takes pity on such a novice who grew up
on a farm at least making a try at it. Oh, that farm I grew up on...

*snip*

My theory sorta resembles yours... Nature makes the plants grow, don't
interfere and Nature will take care of itself. That doesn't mean I don't
help it out, I do plant seeds and take out weeds, and occasionally hit
the plants with some water or miracle grow, but it does most the work
itself.

Another theory of mine is the more you do for a plant the less it does
for itself.

Puckdropper

p.s. My carrots and lettuce survived a week without me... In fact the
carrots are thriving.

--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.