Old 13-03-2006, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle

Default Quality and cost of seed

On 12 Mar 2006 14:20:18 -0800, "James" wrote:

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

No, you started it by attacking organic gardening, an attack
you've continued. You still insist that organic gardening is less
productive, more work, and that chemicals you espouse are
harmless and more helpful. You don't offer any real facts to back
up your accusations, but seem to operate on the principle of
"Because I said so."

It's certainly more work.

No, it's not.

Just wait till you're old and feeble.

I *am* old and feeble! I was just complaining about how long it takes
to recover from an injury anymore. I have to yoga, which I hate,
because I'm so inflexible now.

A few weeks ago I was helping my 13 year old neighbor with a science
project, and she was sitting next to me while we worked on the
computer. She told me, "Your hair is really cool, it's not just blonde
like everybody else, it has all this silver in it." *grumble*

It's
certainly much easier to mix a little generic Roundup and spray. It's
also cheaper because one can get 2 gal. concentrate for around $70 or
less. That is certainly true and because I say so.

Or, you can lay down a little weed paper and mulch and be done for the
season. Newspaper works really well, too. If you prevent the weeds in
the first place, you don't need Round Up to kill them.

Now I didn't say chemicals were harmless. I said the benefits
outweight the harm.

I think that if everyone would make an effort to use just a few less
chemicals there would be a dramatic improvement in our environment. No
extremism, just integrating more organic methods where possible.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"