Old 12-03-2003, 02:57 PM
animaux

Default Hope for a Barkess Tree ?

Just leave it. Many of the products they sell for wound care only serves to
hasten disease. Trees have natural hormones which will heal the wound. Take a
look at www.dirtdoctor.com and search that site for "sick tree treatment."
Unless the bark is removed all the way around, leave the tree and follow the
instructions on the website I provided.

Victoria

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 05:06:55 -0600, "Hank Hill" wrote:

I have a tree that has shed portions of it's bark- lower limbs, mostly, and
some on the trunk. I don't think the tree can live long like that. Of
course, it could be a lot tougher than I give it credit for- it's a hardy
survivor of many harsh winters, bark or not. Is there something on the
market which will seal raw wood, until the tree can heal/form new bark?
Thanks