Old 13-03-2006, 05:18 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Ponds & Spring Arriving

I inherited a the house I grew up in from my mother which we now call the "dacha"-
russian for country house. this is where our first two big ponds were dug when we
lived there. that house is now rented. but when my mother died the house needed
repairs and what I call "detailing" it, painting, cleaning and varnishing the
woodwork, fixing all the little things, putting a light in all closets, like that.
this house that my parents built 55+ year ago is now smack dab in the middle of fancy
schmancy million dollar homes so by refreshing it with new fixtures etc it could be
rented for a lot of money but they would also expect higher end stuff. anyway. on
Halloween a couple years ago a woman came by with her kid, we were handing out hot
apple cider laced with brandy for the adults and got to talking and she does house
repair. she is the one detailed the house. I made her a web page.
http://weloveteaching.com/dede/dedeshome.html
she lives on the next block west of us, we share the same alley. DeDe rented the
upper of a duplex from friends. well..... the friends wanted to sell the house and
we inherited some cash so we bought it. So now we can have ponds and grapes and
dwarf fruit trees at several locations. my experience is, the nicer something is
kept, the better people treat it. I got great renters so I want them to have a nice
backyard. Ingrid

~ janj wrote:

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 02:27:48 GMT, wrote:
This year I have an entire new city backyard to landscape and dig a pond at our
rental. I am also putting in fruit trees and a grape arbor.

Wow, but why would you do this at a rental? Is it close by? ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/