Old 13-03-2006, 07:05 PM posted to rec.ponds
CanadianCowboyİ

Default Pond temperature schedule

Koi-Lo wrote:

"CanadianCowboyİ" wrote in message
Can somebody post a rundown of when to start certain
procedures below for a pond coming out of winter hibernation.

I'm getting that itch again.

1) plants

I start transplanting as soon as they show new growth - like NOW. Water
lilies will be divided the next warm spell we have.

2) bio filter

I turned that on last week.

3) waterfall
4 sludge cleaning

We did that last fall so will skip this spring. All tanks/pools/tubs
behind the house were already cleaned.

5) anything else I missed

thanks

We are in southern Ontario and although it has been above freezing there
is still a risk of snow on any given day. Is it still safe to turn on
the BIO and put in the plants (hardy water lilies)?